"the godfather" Shanghai @ night

5723376546_944a80d2a6_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"the godfather"

@Alex
Thanks Alex - with this look in his eyes, there is no other possible title.
What can not be clearly seen in this very small image is the cigarette in his mouth and that glow in the eyes.
He is quite a character.

@Ryan
Thank you mate - of course lighting is always best in the night - there are no exceptions ;-) Best time of the day ever and always.

@Bart
Thanks - this is, how the old Shanghai is every night. You won't find this on the high streets though.
Great thanks goes to Andrew (Awslee) here on the forum - he is the one, who stucks my nose towards these wonderful places! Without him, I would still shoot spooky backyards and people in shopping malls and metro ;-)

Have a look at flickr into the "Shanghai Photoshoot" flickr group - we are sharing our shots there.

@Kris
Yes Kris, this is exactly, what I love about the nights in China's big towns with their bare lightbulb flavor!

@Steve
Thanks man - just loving the streets at night ;-)

@Andrew
Thanks Andrew ;-)
Sure to be printed - just remind me, you know my remembering.
Btw - your signature here is starting, to look scary! Some serious collector behavior going on there - really love that converted Alpa lens, such a beautifully machined piece of equipment!

@Samuel
Thank you certainly!
I liked the main character in the scene, but understood, that everything in it is evolving around him - his company included.
I was not in my full capacity, when taking that shot, so I can honestly not remember, what exactly is going on here ;-)

I like, how the dof turned out, to be still pretty usable, as wide open, as it was (can't remember, if it was f1 or slightly stopped down to 1.4, honestly).

Dirk, it is a disease, particularly I love fast old still and cine lens. I will be selling a bunch of my slower 35s and 50s in the coming days. Just got a pre war CZJ Biotar 75/1.4, lovely old lens.

@Andrew
Haha - I can fully understand you ;-)
Guess what arrived Yesterday from clearing customs … a new 35 1.2 Nokton!
And you know what? That thing indeed is everything, the people say about it - just condensed magic!

The Voigtlander guys really have tried every trick in the book, to top Leica's 35 Lux ASPH in specs - half a stop faster, one full stop slower aperture (f22, Leica Summiluxi generally go to f16), a very, very tight and compact barrel, perfect fit and finish.

No rattling, no play, no cheap feel - the best Voigtlander, I ever tried.

And you know what, this is not just a marketing joke, it just has a beautiful rendering, yet sharp and detailed, to top it all off with rather little light falloff, compared to the Lux ASPH!!!

I am in love ;-)

@Doug
Thank you very much ! I certainly would looove, to find more of such moments ;-)
Work though has me back and shooting really is mostly weekend fun nowadays.

@Peter
Thank you!

@Dossy
Thanks - how could these movies be excluded in anybodies favorite movies list ;-) ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom